Recipe: Spiced Salmon Kebabs with Yogurt Sauce
There’s nothing more fun than wowing your friends and family with your grill skills during a weekend pool party! Need to shake things up a bit? Check out this fantastic grilled salmon kebab recipe from Food Network’s Bobby Flay.
Share your poolside grill photos with us on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/windermerepoolservices or comment below!
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2-pound) fillet salmon, cut horizontally into 1-inch thick slices
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 -inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 orange
- Heat grill to high. Place spices in a small saute pan and toast on the grill for 45 to 60 seconds, shaking the pan several times, or until just fragrant. Let cool slightly and grind in a spice grinder or coffee grinder until finely ground.
- Process yogurt, onion, lemon juice, zest, cayenne, and toasted spices in a food processor until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate if not using for a while.
- Thread salmon onto skewers so the fish lies flat. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and just cooked through. Serve with yogurt sauce on the side and drizzle the juice of 1/2 orange over all.
Keep Those Resolutions – Getting Healthy In Your Swimming Pool
Family Pool Games: Part Two
Recipe: Poolside Grilled Pizza
Follow These Steps To Keep Your Pool Safe & Ready For Kids
Pool Party Recipe: Ocean Water Punch
Family Pool Games: Part One
25 Years of Pristine Pools
« How To Keep Your Pets Safe Around Your Pool